or how to become a Praha filmmaker in 3 easy years...

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Berlin!

Leaving Prague for the first time!
The 4 hour train ride to Berlin. A little gray but not too shabby!
I think any good city should have a river through the center...but I'm bias.
I have never seen a city so covered in public art...
Me trying to break apart the Berlin Wall. (they left some up for graffiti art)





Karina always makes me stand for a photo in front of whatever famous thing we happen to be around.
(left) One of my favorite artists Kathe Kollwitz. A fallen soldier memorial. That light is coming from a hole in the ceiling so the statue is not immune to the elements. When rain falls it looks like the woman is crying.

(left) A fantastic memorial to the "murdered Jews in Europe" It was nice to see they don't tip-toe around tough issues.


Thank you St. Vaclav for the holiday weekend! Thank you Berlin for the workout! We calculated that we walked 20 miles in 48 hours.

3 comments:

Devin said...

Wow, such amazing pictures. I tried, without success,to call both you and Karina before you two left the States. I noticed that you can add team members to your blog profile. Do us all a favor and add Karina as your Team Member on your blog profile. I think she has earned it.

Lena said...

Hmm, no way, I need to come up with some crazy initiation...besides having to move to Eastern Europe!

Jana Rudnick said...

stonLena - I may have cracked the comment system on your blog. Berlin looks great. Love, Mom