or how to become a Praha filmmaker in 3 easy years...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lena's Letna Neighborhood

The best part of my new apartment is the park down the street. It's packed on the weekends with people flying kites, drinking beer, rollerblading, playing tennis, walking dogs, etc. I'm trying to go as much as possible now while fall is in full swing.

The independent movie house not even a five minute walk away plays a lot of English films with Czech subtitles.


Down my street, my very own shop for all of my graffiti needs. I am estimating that they have 300 different colors of spray paint visible from the door. Who knows what else as I haven't gone in, it feels illicit even peeking as I walk by.
The beer garden (in the park) for those gorgeous days when you can't wait until noon for a beer. (Important note that this park also hosts Ultimate Frisbee pick-up games so though there is no Muddies, I do have a beer garden a few paces away)
My street complete with punk rock store, second-hand clothing store, a chinese restaurant and 2 mini-markets.






The view from the park. Any time I get confused about where I now live I walk over and check out these views of the city.
That's all for now but I will get some up of my school and my apartment shortly!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe you haven't become a frequent grafitti store customer yet. I mean, come on.

Marnie said...

I want to visit!!

Unknown said...

Lena! :) I didn't even know you be in Prague!! I love that city -- so beautiful! and the delicious beer is cheaper than water -- really!! i remember having to buy a beer one time when i was there dyng of thirst because i didn't have enough change for a bottle of water :)
I was just wondering the otherday if you two were back at salmon street....i miss our little house -- i still picture all of us living there....except for JR that is ;)
love from me and daniel!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lena said...

I wonder if they have a punch card that will get me an 11th can of free spray paint.